Sunday, July 12, 2009

Friends come into your life when they're supposed to

So enough sadness, regret, longing. I have forgotten to say. I guess since you (erin) r the only one I want to read my blog about you! I stalked Erin G. down on June 30, 2009 I think. I had seen her at the hospital with Leandro and then at the wake (btw why on earth is it called a wake) and funeral. I wanted to run up to both of them so bad bc i knew how close Stephen was to both of them but bc of my self conscious issues i did not. I also didn't know if it would be appropriate during what was going on. I had a NEED to be close to them, I can't explain why and I hardly ever act on these urges but I did. I noticed Erin's post on the guest book on the advocate and it was short but with so much meaning. I immediately regretted going into such great lengths on my own post. I almost emailed the legacy people and asked them to take mine off. So i saw it said contact that person. I had seen Erin and Leandro on myspace and FB of course and I don't know why I didn't contact them on there but I slid the mouse over contact and just did it!!! I expected her to be terrified by my stalker tendencies but she was so nice and inviting, it is very unlike me (and later i thought how stephen would be laughing at me bc he knew how i am and that i do not seek out new friendships, not bc i don't like to meet new people but bc I am pretty nervous and shy) but i told her she ever wanted to talk that i was there, it was like something just told me to write it and i sent it. anyway we met on 4th of July at Charlottes by our old apt and by her apt. i was nervous but went. She immediately made me feel comfortable with a big hug. She shared many stories and things about Stephen. I cried and laughed mostly the whole time. In a way I sat there feeling an incredible jealousy, only bc she was able to be with him so much. I got over it and she invited me to her apt. to look at pics of him which is also somehting i normally would never do but i tell you there was something comforting about her and around her. I played with her 2 adorable kittens (i love cats and immediately love anyone with cats esp when they r rescued which is what she did) we looked at pictures and laughed and i cried some more which is pretty typical:) I loved all of the photo shoots they had, it cracked me up! I like to tell myself I got Steve into taking pictures at all. When we first started hanging out i forced him into pictures and pretty soon before we did anything we would run to Wal Mart and both get disposable cameras! it seems like yday when it was 8 yrs ago!! sighhhh....... I am grateful we did still keep in touch after High School though, I honestly only see and talk to a handful of people from hs in real life and these i count amoung my best friends! I don't know if I can call him a best friend, it was something more, something undefined, something i think we created within ourselves.

1 comment:

Erin Gutierrez said...

I am so glad to hear how you feel. I ma glad we met too! =)